What is KeyLead?
- A multi-signature workflow management tool for small and medium sized enterprises.
- KeyLead replaces bank checks with smartphone and customers’ signature with their fingerprints, so managers do not need permanent presence in the company to perform banking operations.
- Using the latest smartphone security technologies, KeyLead provides a secure and easy solution for physical token challenges.
- KeyLead allows the company administrator to manage the amount of access of signatories and other users to the company’s accounts
KeyLead Benefits for Banks
Preserving resources of companies and businesses in banks
Speed and ease of access are important issues for influential people of companies. By providing these two features, KeyLead can help bank’s customers to carry out their corporate procedures much faster in addition to performing their daily financial tasks.
Complete the portfolio of electronic services
Providing keyLead to small and medium-sized companies and businesses and enabling them to perform transactions easily and securely both internally and interbank, helps to complete the bank’s distinctive electronic services portfolio, especially in the field of mobile. KeyLead can be provided as a mobile bank dedicated to legal clients or a mobile bank of the main bank, depending on the bank’s policy.
Benefiting from the future advantages of digital signature infrastructure created by KeyLead
Due to the high security and non-repudiation feature of KeyLead digital signature, the bank can securely define various other applications such as generating passwords and performing mobile transaction signatures through KeyLead.
providing special features to the bank
KeyLead with its innovative features such as password-less and digital signature specifications can provide a platform for banking specialized electronic services and sending requests to banks’ corporate clients.
KeyLead main features
Supporting multi-signature accounts
By fetching information of withdrawal conditions from the banking core, KeLead makes it possible to comply with all legal and registration issues of multi-signature and corporate accounts.
supporting customer-specific tasks
users creating each payment order can be different and customizable.
Access control and role definition of people in the company
Each company has an internal administrator who can assign access of employees to company’s various accounts. For this purpose, there is no need to refer to the bank branch. These permissions including viewing the company’s invoice, creating a payment order, finalizing payment, and viewing the payment card of a specific account can be managed inner company.
Signing the payment orders using your fingerprint
KeyLead uses the feature of new smartphones to allow users sign their payment orders using fingerprint scanning with higher speed and security and to be free from remembering various passwords. however, in case the user is willing to set a local password for their application, it is also possible for them.
Benefiting from security features of new generations of smartphones
In order to prevent the disclosure of user confidential information, the key system uses Secure Element in smartphones to hold encryption keys and perform encryption.
To achieve maximum security and non-repudiation, KeyLead uses an asymmetric encryption mechanism based on private and public keys. this way, the user’s private key is not removed from the phone’s secure element, and thus all requests sent by the phone to KeyLead are being encrypted on the phone with this private key, and on the bank side, using the user’s public key, their integrity and authenticity are checked.
Sending batch files
The company’s financial staff can make their group deposits by preparing an Excel or CSV file and uploading it to KeyLead. These transactions are aggregated in the signature cardboard.
Aggregating all types of bank transfers in a simple form
Unlike other existing network systems in which the user has to fill in complex and separate forms for different types of monetary transfers, in KeyLead a payment order can include different types of money transfers. Transaction type detection is smart and the user only has to work with a very simple and uniform interface.
Possibility to register future and period payment orders
KeyLead allows users to record payment orders for future as well as periodic payment orders that are repeated at regular intervals.
Possibility to determine the signatories and the order of their signatures
The registrar of the payment order can determine which of the signatories has to sign a payment order and what is the order of their notification and signature. The company head can also define the default signatories and their default order, to prevent duplication of work when registering a payment order.
Reporting staff performance
Company head can see detailed reports of the activities of personnel who has access to the company’s accounts.
Exclusive versions for different platforms
In order to achieve the highest level of compliance with standards of different platforms (Android, iOS, Web), specific versions for each of these platforms have been developed.
providing registration service and executing payment orders as open banking services to other systems
- Providing complementary services
- Providing invoices and online account balances
- Consolidating personal and company accounts together
- Online inquiry of the owner’s name
- Providing advanced management and reporting facilities in the headquarters panel and keyLead branch
- Enable and disable user signatures
- Search for customer accounts based on three parameters: customer number, national code and account number
- Activate and deactivate customer accounts in KeyLead
- Determining the daily withdrawal limit inside the bank and inter-banks for each account
- Determining the default withdrawal ceiling and the maximum daily withdrawal ceiling of the whole system
- Inquiry of national codes from registration authority
- Managing user access for emergencies through the call center
- Reporting customer activities based on various parameters over a period of time
- Reporting branch performance
- Reporting the process of activating and deactivating users
- Comparative reporting of customer performance
- Authenticating branch users through integration with active directory
- Integrating with business smart infrastructure used in the bank to provide more advanced reports